The Amulet of Dominion was created by the dwarven artificer and enchanter Yurel Ironstaff. Known as one of the greatest dwarven wizards that ever lived, he was an archmage at the Arcane Academy located on the Isle of Insight.
Ironstaff was an enchanter of great power, but his love was tinkering with machines and imbuing them with magic. The nations of Sul-el beat their armies against the unstoppable tide that was Ruin. They took heavy losses and Yurel hatched a plan to create magic devices that when implanted into the skulls of lesser races and animals, would allow Yurel to control them to command them to fight against Ruin and her horde.
With limited success, Yurel turned his attention to creating the Amulet of Dominion. With it he was able to command Ruins’ hordes to fight for him instead of against him. However, even that wasn’t enough, so he hatched the plan to banish Ruin after all attempts by the nations of Sul-el to face her in martial and magical combat.
Ironstaff spent months researching and developing a powerful banishment spell that he jokingly called Ruins’ Retirement Retreat. When he completed it, with the help of many powerful archmages at the school, he sent messengers to all cities asking all powerful wizards in the land to assemble with their most powerful magic items at the Isle of Insight.
Hundreds of wizards came, but only twelve were powerful enough to carry out Ironstaff’s master stroke against Ruin. He knew it was only a matter of time before Ruin and her generals became aware of the gather, or worse, his plan so the the Saviors as they would later be called, cloistered themselves for a week, without rest, to enchant their most powerful magical items with a spell so powerful, no wizard could memorize or contain it.
They let a plan be known of a powerful magical weapon capable of destroying Ruin, and she and her minions took the bait. They met in battle on the plains of what is now called Brownmeadow. The magic and blood of that day poisoned the land so nothing would ever grow there again. After the battle, Ironstaff returned to the Arcane Academy and lived out his days, teaching, experimenting and tinkering. It is said that the Amulet was willed to the school after he died and is hidden away somewhere in a very secure room where other dangerous and powerful magical artifacts are kept. Only the most senior and powerful archmages know it’s location and are allowed to study it.
- Legend says the amulet has the power to control the minds of hundreds, if not thousands if used by a powerful enough wizard.
- Casts Geas at 9th level to all creatures within sight of the caster. Creatures normally immune to charm effects are affected. Must be able to cast 9th level wizard spells.
- Cast Banishment at 9th level – DC 25. Instead of targeting multiple creatures, the spell banishes the target permanently to the Abyssal plane. Must be able to cast 9th level wizard spells.
- +2 to all saves – stacks with other power bonuses.
- Cast Banishment at 9th level – DC 25. Instead of targeting multiple creatures, the spell banishes the target permanently to the Abyssal plane.