The Bracers of Vorne were created by the half elf conjurer Mage General Maxim Westhold.
Maxim was the commander of Vorne’s battlemages during the war with Ruin. Vorne is one of the oldest and proudest kingdoms of Sul-el.
When many countries and cities fell, Vorne stood proud against the onslaught of Ruin’s hordes. This was mainly because of the powerful and capable legions of battlemages employed by Vorne.
Maxim was said to not only be powerful in the arcane arts, but also a physically imposing mountain of a half elf, taking from his father’s human side. It is said Maxim used his war axe in battle as much as his planar and elemental allies.
Legend says Maxim was once in a desperate battle with a horde of goblins. His battlemages killed and his spells exhausted, he used his mighty will and enchanted bracers to summon a Pit Fiend to join the battle.
Without the proper preparation he was locked in a battle of wills with the demon and commanded it to destroy the horde. With axe and fiend he won the day, but nearly lost his life to the Pit Fiend deceptions before banishing it.
When the call came to gather the most powerful mages in the land to the Arcane Academy, he and 50 battlemages answered it. They were instrumental in a distraction that allowed the Savior to isolate Ruin on the field of battle and banish her.
Maxim returned home with 3 of the surviving battlemages as heros. A statue of Maxim still stands in front of the Vorne royal palace, magically protected to look the same as it did when it was created 3000 years ago.
Requirement: Must be able to cast 9th level spells.
- Advantage on concentration checks
- Cast all conjuration spells one level higher
- Immune to charm, paralysation, immobilization and slow.
- +1 AC (stacks with other magical enhancements)
- Cast Ice Knife once per day
- Cast Misty Step once per day
- Cast Dimension Door once per day
- Cast Gate once per week
- Cast Banishment at 9th level – DC 25 once per year. Instead of targeting multiple creatures, the spell banishes the target permanently to the Abyssal plane. Must be able to cast 9th level wizard spells.